For the longest time I thought couponing was for those who are cheap. I don’t know why I thought this way, but I did. I remember I was embarrassed when someone I knew whipped out a coupon to pay for our dinner. I thought my friend was just being cheap and didn’t want to pay the full price.
However, I eventually learnt that using coupons was a good way to dine and shop. You can save a lot of money on things such as items you use in your home, as well as groceries. This allows you to spend money on the things you really want to do, such as travelling or you can save for an upcoming wedding and things of that nature. Nowadays, I use coupons for as many things as possible.
Do you want to start couponing? If so, then there are a few tips you should know about. Here are a few tips on how I got started. They include:
- Change up your shopping habits. When items are on sale, stock up on them. Also, use coupons whenever possible.
- Practice makes perfect, so don’t get demotivated if you make a few mistakes. At first, I made numerous of mistakes. This resulted in me needing to return many items.
- Start off by going to one store and then go from there. Different stores have different policies, and learning them all at once can overwhelm you. If you do this, you will be saving money in no time.
Know Where To Find Coupons
Write down the names of brands and products you buy on a regular basis. After you do this, start looking for coupons. There are many places you can find them. These include:
- Newspapers- In the Sunday paper, you’ll find coupon inserts from Smart Source and RedPlum. You’ll find an array of coupons for various brands. At the beginning of each month, Procter and Gamble publishes their own coupon inserts. If you notice that a particular week has a lot of great deals, then think about buying additional copies. The Dollar Tree has papers available at a discount, so consider buying additional papers from them. Don’t worry if you don’t want to clip coupons. You can print them out or put them on your loyalty card at RedPlum, Smart Source, Supersavvy me and Wowfreestuff websites.
- Coupons- If you want to find grocery coupons, then visit coupons.com, one of the best coupon sites around. You’re allowed to print out one coupon twice, so it’s a good idea to max out your prints. This will allow you to get as many coupons as possible.
- Drugstores & Grocery Websites- You can usually find store websites that allow you to download coupons to your store loyalty card. This includes store-specific coupons and manufacturer coupons. A good idea is to always check for coupons before you go out to the store. Sometimes you’ll find freebies, and when you do download your coupons to your card, you just have to present it when you’re at the checkout counter.
- Apps- Checkout51 and iBotta are great coupon apps that allow you to earn cash back for stuff you already buy. Pairing app deals with coupons is a smart idea too because you can save a lot. In fact, you might be able to take advantage of freebies.
- Magazines- Many women’s publications often have manufacturer coupons, so check out magazines such as Family Circle, Woman’s Day Red Book and Good Housekeeping. These are only a handful of magazines that have great coupons in them. However, if you want to save as much as possible, then consider buying a subscription for a few magazines.
- In-Store- Have a look at your receipts and store shelves. You’ll find a lot of great coupons. Also, sometimes you can print out coupons right at the register.
Those are a few places you can find coupons. Do you want to save money? Check out our coupons here.